Who is LiftMaster?
LiftMaster is the professional installation brand of The Chamberlain Group, a subsidiary of the Duchossois Group, a global leader in the access solutions industry, distributing more than 20,000 products across five continents. LiftMaster is best known for their residential garage door openers and affiliated products.
LiftMaster had outgrown its legacy, in-house developed .NET dealer portal solution and they looked to replace it with a system that would provide enhanced functionality to keep pace with increasingly savvy customers, more easily manage customer and product data, and expand their growing e-commerce business.
As LiftMaster defined their challenges and objectives, Hybris emerged as the best platform for LiftMaster's many desires for sales, distribution, and commerce management. Additional Hybris solutions selected include Data Hub, the B2B Accelerator Storefront, and Commerce, which seamlessly integrated with the company's pre-existing SAP ERP application.
Business executives also wanted a redesigned product configurator to provide customers with the online ability to order custom-engineered solutions. In addition to migrating from the legacy system to Hybris, ICF Olson was called on to wholly integrate Hybris with SAP for product, customer, and pricing master data.
This site makes it easier than ever to find, purchase, install, and service LiftMaster products, and provides our customers with an array of business tools, as well as sales and marketing resources.
The newly implemented dealer extranet leverages Hybris B2B Accelerator Storefront and the SAP Hybris Data Hub:
- Hybris version 5.6
- Hybris eCommerce, Assisted Service Module, and Data Hub
- SAP ECC
- SQL Server
- Dynatrace (Monitoring)
The solution was developed to be seamlessly rolled out internationally in future releases.
- Asynchronous Integration: Utilized Data Hub for Asynchronous transfer of Master Data from SAP ECC to Hybris. Master Data included Material Master and Customer Master. An additional feed was developed to allow Hybris to ingest data from other legacy systems.
- Synchronous Integration: SOAP services were used for Order Simulate, Order Create, Order History, Order Details, and Vertex. REST services were used in other instances.
- Hybris integrated with the following systems: SAP ECC, Balihoo, Nvision, Vertex, Google Analytics, Google reCAPTCHA, and several custom, and essential legacy repositories.
- Six cores were deployed in the recommended architecture.
In early 2015, only 13% of business was done in the online channel, and since launching, LiftMaster has reached the 20% mark. The new solution has made LiftMaster's entire product catalog more accessible and searchable to customers, which has lead to an increase in average order value by 10%, which also includes customers buying a larger variety of products. Average daily sales have increased by 2%.
Professional customers are now able to manage administrative rights on the dealer portal, granting access to view pricing or place orders, to a greater amount of customers with a company. Overall, the upgrades made by LiftMaster and implemented by ICF Olson encourage customers toward the type of self-service they're demanding - by offering them more ways to interact with the company and products on their own terms.